I currently have 28 followers, most of which are probably spam accounts. I don’t have the blue checkmark, and I don’t call it X. I heard it’s good for business. How hard is it to get to 1,000 followers in one year? Let’s find out.
Clearly, I need to do something other than nothing to get followers, so here’s my plan, which may be adjusted if certain things work better for finding a bigger audience.
- Post daily during business days
- Posts will at first be mostly replies to more popular people
- The popular people need to have more followers but not too much more
- The posts I’m replying to need to be recent
- My profile will link to this journal as a call to action
- As I get more followers, I will shift to more consistently posting instead of just replying
- My replies and posts aren’t going to be garbage or “I agree” statements — I’ll actually try to make them add something to the conversation
- Watch a course I bought years back from some guy who quit Amazon that I haven’t yet watched and apply the techniques
Watch my progress
You can come back to this website, subscribe to the newsletter below, or follow me on Twitter for updates on how it’s going.
Hopefully, as I learn and tweak my strategy, it will be useful to you as well if you’re looking to grow your following on Twitter.